Program for Immigrants
We provide free information and referrals to new immigrants and refugees who are appearing in court.
We provide services in English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Punjabi, and Hindi to help new immigrants understand BC court processes.
Services are provided in person, by telephone or by email. Clients can be new immigrants or refugees who will be appearing in court as an accused, victim, witness or party in a civil suit.
Our multilingual court workers can:
- Explain court processes for criminal, family, youth and civil trials
- Explain court documents and legal terms
- Show clients the courtroom
- Describe the roles of court personnel
- Provide referrals to organizations and publications that may help
- Lead educational workshops for community groups